Modern laptops and computers feature a critical-yet-less-known vulnerability that allows anyone with physical access to a computer to reboot the device and access stored files. This was revealed by security researchers at F-Secure who observed that even though modern laptops and computers have security features that prevent hackers from cold-booting computers, hackers can still perform...
22 September 2018
- Adoption of AI and machine learning tech far exceeds their security credentials
- ICO issues first-ever GDPR notice to data analytics firm that worked for Vote Leave
- Hackers stole $60 million in cryptocurrency from Japanese exchange
- NUUO’s global video surveillance software featured zero-day vulnerability
- Over 8.3 bn credential stuffing attacks took place between May and June
- Equifax fined £500,000 by ICO for failing to prevent massive data breach
If you have seen the...
Denouncing Russia's constant endeavour to "undermine the international rules-based order", Jeremy Fleming, the director of GCHQ, has said that Britain is ready to use its offensive cyber capabilities to target...
Back in February, a high profile cyber attack froze the official website of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics for around 12 hours, minutes before the event's opening ceremony was to take...
- FBI arrests 74 in major crackdown on Business Email Compromise (BEC) attacks
- Despite truce talks, North Korean hackers still targeting South Korean firms
- ESET’s Stephen Cobb in San Fran: How can we fight the international cyber threat?
- TEISS in San Fran: Where does cyber warfare begin and end in the fifth domain?
Zoe Edmeades, Managing Director of The Security Company, makes a strong case for diversity in the cyber security industry. Some...
Information Security / People
A day in the life of an ethical ...
People / Process
How can we mitigate the insider threat?
Human Factors / People / The Big Interview
“I’ve the easiest job in the world – ...
Culture / Events / People
“People are as good as the systems in ...
People / Process
Why you should encourage your staff to swallow ...
Adam Vincent, CEO, ThreatConnect, on the rising threat of cryptojacking and what you can do to protect your business. The cyber security space is ever changing, and new threats are...
Hundreds of millions of customer records stored by a Swiss-based company were exposed to outside access after the company failed...
Process / Threats
Data breaches and the blame game
Technology / Threats
Worried about cryptojacking? Here’s what you need to ...
Impersonation fraud impacted nearly half-a-million UK SMEs since ...
Critical flaw affecting all Android versions patched only ...
Only 37% of online fraud victims are fully ...