As the world continues to increase its use of digital technology, more and more data is being created. By as early as 2040, it is estimated that 14 per cent of the world’s carbon emissions will be the result of storing data. Clearly steps must be taken to minimise unnecessary data storage.
And the problem isn’t just about carbon emissions from data processing. Each year well over 50 million tonnes of e-waste (unwanted electronic devices such as phones, laptops, disks and flash drives) is created – an amount heavier than all the jumbo jets ever built. Filled with toxic chemicals as well as valuable metals, e-waste is a major pollution problem and a waste of scarce resources.
In order to be sustainable, businesses must consider the effects their actions have on the environment, such as how they dispose of their used IT assets. And the use of digital technology is one area where organisations can often unwittingly cause enormous damage to our planet. It’s essential that sustainable IT rises further up the corporate agenda.
This free virtual roundtable discussion on managing IT and data sustainably is brought to you by teiss.co.uk and sponsored by Blancco. During the workshop, delegates will be invited to discuss:
- How companies are contributing to the e-waste crisis
- How unnecessary storage of data is contributing to cyber-landfill and increasing the data attack surface
- How alternatives to physical destruction of assets can comply with data sanitisation requirements and contribute to CSR and sustainability goals
- Whether CSR and sustainability is given sufficient consideration for IT asset and data end-of-life
- Where the responsibility for a sustainable data sanitisation policy sits and the need for stronger internal communication
The virtual roundtable is your chance to contribute to the sustainability vs security debate, sharing your knowledge with your peers, challenging their opinions and developing best practice.
The questions we will explore
During the session we will focus on questions such as:
- Why is e-waste such a problem and how fast is it growing?
- How can my organisation reduce the amount of e-waste it produces?
- What are the obstacles to a sustainable IT strategy and how can these be overcome?
- How are current data removal methods and unnecessary data storage damaging the planet and how can this damage be mitigated?
- How can data be erased securely without contributing to e-waste and destroying usable assets?
- How can IT security professionals be confident that there is no risk of data residing on an IT asset when it comes to be reused?
Who is invited?
This virtual roundtable is designed for senior decision makers who are concerned with IT asset management, data storage, data management and end-of life data processes. Delegates will work at large (1000+ employees) organisations in all industries excluding financial services that are concerned about the environment and have a need to manage data storage assets securely and efficiently.
Join with other senior decision makers at our interactive event which will take place on 17 March 2020 at 09:30 (GMT).
For any enquiries, please contact Mergim on +44 (0)20 8349 6487 or email email@example.com
This virtual event is brought to you by Blancco and is only for senior executives as described above. Registrations of junior professionals, consultants, solution providers or other sellers to this market won’t be accepted. To be eligible you must be employed by a corporate legal entity such as a private company – if you are a sole trader or in a partnership other than a legally incorporated partnership we will be unable to offer you a place.
This event is free to attend.