Can we protect our National Critical Infrastructure from a major cyber-attack?
26 July 2019 |
Can you imagine a world where our water, energy and transport systems just stop working? How about our hospitals, telecoms and financial services?
It’s a picture I struggle to visualise, and yet we are told that the risks to our national security have never been greater. So, how safe actually is our National Critical Infrastructure right now and are we able to protect ourselves? Questions we’ll be exploring on this episode of the Cracking Cyber Security Podcast.
Tim Mackey, Principal Security Strategist at the Synopsys CyRC (Cybersecurity Research Centre) about the ominous potential of a cyber-attack on our National Critical Infrastructure. We discuss the threats, the problems and some possible solutions.
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain, Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- How can we make a hacker’s job more difficult? - 23rd August 2019
- What do hackers drink? - 16th August 2019
- Why can’t we retain the cyber talent that we need? - 16th August 2019
- Why we all need to hug a hacker - 12th August 2019
- What’s Edwin Van Andel’s most memorable hack? - 31st July 2019