Podcast / Should we fear Huawei?
Should we fear Huawei?
7 June 2019 |
Why has the US banned the use of Chinese company Huawei’s technology? To what extent is Huawei a security threat? What are the deeper issues at play in this power struggle?
These are questions we’ll be exploring on this week’s cracking cyber security podcast.
Malcolm Taylor, Head of Cyber Security at ITC Secure Networking, joins me to discuss what’s really at the root of tensions between the US, UK and China in the battle over the use of Huawei 5G technology. We also talk about the wider issues of surveillance and data privacy. What's a surveillance state? What surveillance is ok and what is not? What would George Orwell make of all this?
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain, Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- What do hackers drink? - 16th August 2019
- Why can’t we retain the cyber talent that we need? - 16th August 2019
- Why we all need to hug a hacker - 12th August 2019
- What’s Edwin Van Andel’s most memorable hack? - 31st July 2019
- Is Big Tech too powerful? - 29th July 2019