Podcast / Could veterans be the answer to the cyber skills shortage problem?
Could veterans be the answer to the cyber skills shortage problem?
6 September 2018 |
45% of businesses claim to have a shortage of cyber security skills and 67% of cyber security professionals say they’re too busy with their jobs to keep up with skills development and training.
And yet there is an obvious and massively untapped resource – veterans – of which only 4% are working in tech and cyber.
TEISS speaks with Peter Connolly, CEO of TechVets, on why veterans are the perfect candidates to solve the cyber security skills shortage problem.
The Pain by Nick Homes
TechVets Founders: Peter Connolly, Mike Butcher, Mark Milton and Euan Crawford at the TechVets launch earlier this year.
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- What do hackers drink? - 16th August 2019
- Why can’t we retain the cyber talent that we need? - 16th August 2019
- Why we all need to hug a hacker - 12th August 2019
- What’s Edwin Van Andel’s most memorable hack? - 31st July 2019
- Is Big Tech too powerful? - 29th July 2019