Is password security really that important?
11 January 2019 |
Did you know that the most popular password at the end of 2018 was "123456", followed by “password” in second place? Here's a list of the top 25 which might seem alarming...or not.
So, unsurprisingly, this week we’re talking passwords…yes, those things we love to hate…but why do we love to hate them? Why exactly are we so bad at changing our passwords regularly? What’s wrong with using the same password across multiple accounts?
To help us tackle the password conundrum, Cyber Security Specialist at ESET, Jake Moore, uncovers some tactics the hackers employ to steal our passwords and gives advice for better password management. Take a listen below!
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain, Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- How is the Met tackling international cybercrime? - 18th January 2019
- Is password security really that important? - 11th January 2019
- Inside the mind of a hacker - 4th January 2019
- Cyber security trends to watch in 2019 - 21st December 2018
- “GDPR has empowered extortionists” – Tim Lambon, Director, Global Response Team, NYA - 14th December 2018