Is password security really that important?
11 January 2019 |
Did you know that the most popular password at the end of 2018 was "123456", followed by “password” in second place? Here's a list of the top 25 which might seem alarming...or not.
So, unsurprisingly, this week we’re talking passwords…yes, those things we love to hate…but why do we love to hate them? Why exactly are we so bad at changing our passwords regularly? What’s wrong with using the same password across multiple accounts?
To help us tackle the password conundrum, Cyber Security Specialist at ESET, Jake Moore, uncovers some tactics the hackers employ to steal our passwords and gives advice for better password management. Take a listen below!
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain, Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- Could #QueueForTheLoo solve our diversity problem? - 22nd February 2019
- The role of the threat hunter: what is it and why it matters - 8th February 2019
- Are we investing too much in cyber security? - 1st February 2019
- Do CISOs need an image makeover? - 27th January 2019
- “Human beings have an exaggerated view of their ability to manage risk” – Craig Rice, CSO at BACS and Faster Payments - 22nd January 2019