Is password security really that important?
11 January 2019 |
Did you know that the most popular password at the end of 2018 was "123456", followed by “password” in second place? Here's a list of the top 25 which might seem alarming...or not.
So, unsurprisingly, this week we’re talking passwords…yes, those things we love to hate…but why do we love to hate them? Why exactly are we so bad at changing our passwords regularly? What’s wrong with using the same password across multiple accounts?
To help us tackle the password conundrum, Cyber Security Specialist at ESET, Jake Moore, uncovers some tactics the hackers employ to steal our passwords and gives advice for better password management. Take a listen below!
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain, Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- How to deal with spear phishing effectively - 12th April 2019
- Are marketeers employing the same tactics as cybercriminals? - 12th April 2019
- Is the new geography of warfare in the human mind? - 12th April 2019
- #Web30: Has the internet been a force for good? - 12th April 2019
- Julian Assange arrested - 11th April 2019