“A good conference is like a robust dinner party” – Freshfields CISO, Mark Walmsley, on getting the best value from conferences
4 October 2018 |
As a security decision maker, you might be suffering from conference fatigue. You know, that all too familiar din as you attempt to traverse the never-ending conference floor only to be stalled in your tracks by yet another vendor touting the latest “silver bullet” for EVERY cyber vulnerability.
And yet, relationship building, networking and discussion with peers are invaluable to CISOs. So how can CISOs gain value from events and forums without having to trawl through the claptrap?
Mark Walmsley, CISO of global law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, shares his perspectives on our podcast about the importance of getting maximum return from your time at conferences and how to do so.
On the podcast, Mark mentions Cyber Security Connect on 7-9 November 2018 in Monaco.
Do check out our TEISS events page too for cyber security talks, workshops and conferences!
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain by Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - 22nd October 2018
- What if Hitler had access to my Facebook data? - 19th October 2018
- Honesty, humility and humour with Thom Langford, CISO at Publicis Groupe - 18th October 2018
- Refusing to invest in cyber security: is the NHS making a big mistake? - 12th October 2018
- Diversity and the skills shortage: “If you’re searching for something, then you’ll find it” - 12th October 2018