Cyber extortion: to pay or not to pay?
7 December 2018 |
Cyber extortion is our theme this week; the crime involving an attack or threat of an attack coupled with a demand for money or some other response in return for stopping or remediating the attack.
This is the first part of a 2 part cyber extortion special where Tim Lambon, Director of the Global Response Team at NYA, discusses the different types of cyber extortion the criminals are exploiting, when to pay the ransom and when not, the negotiation process itself, how the perception of the value of data changes throughout the process and what’s the psychology behind it all…
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain, Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- How to deal with spear phishing effectively - 12th April 2019
- Are marketeers employing the same tactics as cybercriminals? - 12th April 2019
- Is the new geography of warfare in the human mind? - 12th April 2019
- #Web30: Has the internet been a force for good? - 12th April 2019
- Julian Assange arrested - 11th April 2019