Cyber extortion: to pay or not to pay?
7 December 2018 |
Cyber extortion is our theme this week; the crime involving an attack or threat of an attack coupled with a demand for money or some other response in return for stopping or remediating the attack.
This is the first part of a 2 part cyber extortion special where Tim Lambon, Director of the Global Response Team at NYA, discusses the different types of cyber extortion the criminals are exploiting, when to pay the ransom and when not, the negotiation process itself, how the perception of the value of data changes throughout the process and what’s the psychology behind it all…
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain, Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- Up-skilling your cyber security workforce with Matt Lorentzen - 19th July 2019
- “The more you understand people, the better security leader you can be” – Kevin Fielder, CISO, Just Eat - 15th July 2019
- Leadership, imposter syndrome and humour with Thom Langford - 12th July 2019
- Spotting the Insider Threat with Lisa Forte - 5th July 2019
- How are cyber criminals collaborating? - 28th June 2019