Could veterans be the answer to the cyber skills shortage problem?
6 September 2018 |
45% of businesses claim to have a shortage of cyber security skills and 67% of cyber security professionals say they’re too busy with their jobs to keep up with skills development and training.
And yet there is an obvious and massively untapped resource – veterans – of which only 4% are working in tech and cyber.
TEISS speaks with Peter Connolly, CEO of TechVets, on why veterans are the perfect candidates to solve the cyber security skills shortage problem.
The Pain by Nick Homes
TechVets Founders: Peter Connolly, Mike Butcher, Mark Milton and Euan Crawford at the TechVets launch earlier this year.
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- Cybercrime in the mobile space - 25th March 2019
- Could #QueueForTheLoo solve our diversity problem? - 22nd February 2019
- The role of the threat hunter: what is it and why it matters - 8th February 2019
- Are we investing too much in cyber security? - 1st February 2019
- Do CISOs need an image makeover? - 27th January 2019