Could veterans be the answer to the cyber skills shortage problem?
6 September 2018 |
45% of businesses claim to have a shortage of cyber security skills and 67% of cyber security professionals say they’re too busy with their jobs to keep up with skills development and training.
And yet there is an obvious and massively untapped resource – veterans – of which only 4% are working in tech and cyber.
TEISS speaks with Peter Connolly, CEO of TechVets, on why veterans are the perfect candidates to solve the cyber security skills shortage problem.
The Pain by Nick Homes
TechVets Founders: Peter Connolly, Mike Butcher, Mark Milton and Euan Crawford at the TechVets launch earlier this year.
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- What’s the big deal about zero trust? - 10th May 2019
- Is it time for the cyber security industry to grow up? - 3rd May 2019
- Security training: should we give humans a break? - 26th April 2019
- How to deal with spear phishing effectively - 12th April 2019
- Are marketeers employing the same tactics as cybercriminals? - 12th April 2019