IoT / 5 most common passwords used by LinkedIn members
5 most common passwords used by LinkedIn members
20 May 2016 |
Have you ever wondered how secure other people's LinkedIn passwords are? The reality might come as a surprise.
Data search engine LeakedSource has obtained a copy of the 117 million LinkedIn account details up for sale on the Dark Web, and its analysis has revealed what the most popular passwords are on the professional network.
In the past, Business Reporter has brought you the five most popular Ashley Madison passwords and the five most popular passwords on the web. With one notable exception, the most-used passwords on LinkedIn are along the same lines:
- 123456 [753,305]
- linkedin [172,523]
- password [144,458]
- 123456789 [94,314]
- 12345678 [63,769]
For more on the data, see LeakedSource’s analysis.
Latest posts by Matt Smith (see all)
- 60 per cent of firms use advanced technology without proper security - 20th March 2017
- WhatsApp flaw let hackers hijack accounts with image trick - 16th March 2017
- 70 per cent of firms struggle to secure data outside the office - 16th March 2017
- Insecure code putting business data at risk - 14th March 2017
- Internet of Things ransomware on the rise - 14th March 2017