Up-skilling your cyber security workforce with Matt Lorentzen
19 July 2019 |
How can we tackle the cyber skills shortage? What’s the best way to up-skill your cyber security workforce? Does it take more than just passion to work in cyber security? These are questions we’ll be exploring on this week’s cracking cyber security podcast.
This week I chat with Principal Security Consultant (CCSAS) at Trustwave SpiderLabs, Matt Lorentzen. We are told that cybersecurity skills shortage is worsening for the third year in a row and according to the annual global study of cyber security professionals by the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) and Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) has impacted nearly three quarters (74 percent) of organizations.
So what can be done about it? On the podcast Matt gives some great advice to anyone looking to work in cyber security, as well as employers who want to up-skill their current workforce.
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain, Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- What do hackers drink? - 16th August 2019
- Why can’t we retain the cyber talent that we need? - 16th August 2019
- Why we all need to hug a hacker - 12th August 2019
- What’s Edwin Van Andel’s most memorable hack? - 31st July 2019
- Is Big Tech too powerful? - 29th July 2019