Cyber security trends to watch in 2019
21 December 2018 |
Here we are - at the end of 2018 – and what a year it’s been in the world of cyber security. Barely a week went by without a story of another major breach hitting the headlines - British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Facebook, the Marriott Hotel Group, Panera Bread and Quora to name but a few.
It was the year of GDPR, when businesses jostled to understand and implement the required privacy regulations. Was it also Facebook’s annus horribilis? The Cambridge Analytica scandal, Russian fake news, and the failure to remove child pornography were just a few of the problems that plagued Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerburg, in recent months.
So what lessons have we learned in 2018? Has the long anticipated GDPR delivered? And what sort of trends can we expect in 2019? Former CISO and Founder and CEO of Cyber Risk Aware, Stephen Burke, shared some of his thoughts on the year that was and the year to come.
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain, Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- How to deal with spear phishing effectively - 12th April 2019
- Are marketeers employing the same tactics as cybercriminals? - 12th April 2019
- Is the new geography of warfare in the human mind? - 12th April 2019
- #Web30: Has the internet been a force for good? - 12th April 2019
- Julian Assange arrested - 11th April 2019