Elections: manipulations, misinformation and misconceptions
28 September 2018 |
As the US mid-term elections approach, we thought we’d take a close look at “elections and hacking” with chief security scientist at Thycotic, Joseph Carson.
On the podcast, Joe explains why information wars pose the greatest risk to democracy, how manipulating the mind works through misinformation, and what changes to the voting system he’d like to see put in place.
Presenter: Anna Delaney
Music: The Pain by Nick Homes
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- The role of the threat hunter: what is it and why it matters - 8th February 2019
- Are we investing too much in cyber security? - 1st February 2019
- Do CISOs need an image makeover? - 27th January 2019
- “Human beings have an exaggerated view of their ability to manage risk” – Craig Rice, CSO at BACS and Faster Payments - 22nd January 2019
- How is the Met tackling international cybercrime? - 18th January 2019